This was scheduled to be the final event of the summer. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate. On a very windy and occasionally rainy day, about a dozen stalwarts turned up. After a quick discussion, there was a consensus decision to cancel the Super Sprint.
A few die hards decided to do shorter distances. The results are shown below (thanks to Rebecca Christie for recording and sending them.)
In closing for this season, a huge thank you to our sponsors, Argo Re, without whom this year's series could not have been such a resounding success. We have had record numbers this year, and because of the enthusiasm of participants we have continued the series for far longer than usual.
Additional thanks to
- Ian Pilgrim, who shared with me the responsibility for organising the season's events and still found time to take part in quite a few of them,
- Tony Hall and Lynden Rowe for standing in on the couple of occasions that neither Ian nor I could attend,
- Janet Harrison. She turned up for all but one of the races, and once again helped ensure racers' safety by marhalling the cycle turn,
- All those who helped with timing. At the risk of leaving anyone out, particular thanks to Donna Pilgrim and Trina Godfrey,
- Earl Baisden, for his interest in the sport and for posting the results and sometimes photos on his great site www.islandstats.com, and
- Last but not least, all those who took part, young and old. Your enthusiasm has made it a pleasure for us to arrange these events. We hope to see you all again next year - watch the website for details!
All the best and good luck to those taking part in the Bank of Bermuda Foundation and SheRox events,
3 laps bike, 2 laps run
1. Alex McManus 23.24
2. Daryl Alexander 25.10
3. Hilda Storey 27.48
4. Jo Allitt 30.26
3 laps bike only
Joe Hawkins 19.11
3 laps bike, 1 lap run
Dave Hope 26.25
2 laps bike, 1 lap run
Rebecca Harrison 26.25
Laura Hope 26.25